View Single Post
Old 01.14.2009, 11:46 PM   #14109
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless
That is the coolest thing I've ever heard.
I want to name my first son Théoden.
I might be posting a "Help Me!" thread sometime in the future about the course and I want you front-and-center to help. I have read Fellowship and half of Towers but that was about 6 or 7 years ago. The class has already met twice and the bookstore closed before I pick up the text, if there is any. I already have the one-volume LoTR book here with me. The official name of the course is Themes in Literature:J.R.R. TOLKEIN: CREATING MIDDLE EARTH. I have been told the profressor really knows her shit, like she can speak Elvish and whatnot. I'm not a super-nerd, more of literature fiend, but it fulfills a requirement now instead of having to wait until next semester and I'd rather write about elves and man and hobbits and orc than about Shakespeare any day.