View Single Post
Old 01.13.2009, 03:00 PM   #1663
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the nervous system did not create religion. humans created religion.

with their livers?

Quote:
the human nervous system, because it is eelf-aware, had no explanation for thw rodl around it, and thereby created supernatural beings who were responsible for the unexplained. all this got codified into one creator being. The old testament talks about how YHVH was one god among many (for at the time mono-theism was not practiced most anywhere. It was in egypt when they worshipped the sun for about 70 years but that shit fell off. people like their personal deities.) sometime betwene that and the new testament the hebrew nation codified their beliefs into there being just one god, Jehovah, and none other.

that's a historical/humanistic explanation, not an evolutionary explanation. symbolic thinking predates modern humans, and ritual behavior is found in other mammals.

Quote:
and sure religion helps people sometimes. nothing is truly all bad or all good, but much of humanity's suffering over the last 2000 years has been cuased in the name of religion and gods, or suffered because of differences in religion or gods. .

we'd find other excuses without it i'm sure

Quote:
abolish the whole shit I say.
i agree, and i rub my rabbit's foot in expression of my good wishes for the cause, and in hope of bringing about its end sooner.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|