View Single Post
Old 01.13.2009, 02:15 PM   #1657
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
But do you mean God as in someone to be worshiped, or God as simply a creator? Because to accept the first, you have to find a system of beliefs that you agree with, but for the latter, you only need to accept the possibility that someone did create us, without having to settle on any agreement on what, if any, responsibility that means for humans.

When you talk about the origin of the universe and everything in it, you always have to start with something. Whether it be a god, gas clouds, crystals, whatever, you have to start somewhere. To me, believing that the product of any cause would be greater than the cause itself doesn't make as much sense to me, while the reversal of that does.

And while I have my own religious beliefs, I can fully understand somebody not. But to believe that we were not created confounds me. Not saying that you can't or shouldn't, only that I don't understand it.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|