View Single Post
Old 12.02.2008, 11:59 PM   #6
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=batreleaser]
Yknow what I realized? If there is any contemporary music I HATE today is stupid lame party thrash and overly technical and formulaic grindcore, im talking bands like municipal waste and cephalic carnage and shit like that. also, i realized i hate all metalcore, whether it be integrity or converge, or even the artier stuff like botch. why you ask? because it takes the punk out of hardcore and the fun and/or meaning out of music. thing is, i liked this music, or i thought i did, untill 6 months ago. since then ive made a point of selling off all this shit.
quote]

i agree. but i came to realize how much metalcore sucked 6 years ago. i've always hated all that dumb thrash shit that only crust punks or 15 year old kids like. the only 90's hardcore records i have left are "firestorm" (cause it's cheesy as hell) and reversal of man's "revolution summer". i still have a few cds from that era. i talk to friends about those times as great and fun times, because they were, but i try to listen to the music now and i can only get through one song, if that.

hardcore died in america around 1983 and then got woken up for a little bit around 88 and then died again.

hardcore and metalcore in the mid to late 90's was fun for 17 year old straight edge kids who liked to mosh and wear new balances and hoodies. that basically described me.

back to the question. i don't really like much thrash, so i'll just say old metallica and slayer.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|