View Single Post
Old 11.17.2008, 03:23 AM   #29
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
10-12years old i was really into U2, then around '92 i got bitten by the Nirvana bug and the whole grunge thing and i built up a nice record collection with the likes of SY,Pixies Dinosaur Jr etc but even had older groups like the Rolling Stones, i was also heavily into all the "Riot Grrrl" stuff aswell and bought every Huggy Bear release. I was now about 14 and in my second year of high school i think and then something happend Kurt died and i stopped listening to Nirvana and got into Jungle and old skool Hardcore/Rave i sold almost every record i owned to buy illegal substances but for some reason i keeped all my SY stuff (thankfully!) even though i didn't really listen to it anymore, the last SY album i bought was EJSTANS and at the time i thought it wasn't very good, anyway after about 4 years of Drum 'n Bass i started to find it all boring, even now i think that DnB from 97 onwards is generally shit. Probably around 1998 i went through a phase of listening to a lot hip hop and also got into Aphex Twin. 2000 onwards was when i started listening to lots of "Noise". I am listening to a bit of everything now but SY have always and i think will always remain my fav, i'm so glad i didn't sell my SY collection but i did get rid of alot of rare vinyl which i am still regret and i'm trying to buy again, oh and i can now even appreciate EJSTANS now not one of their best but not shit either. I still really like Jungle from between 1991-1996.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|