View Single Post
Old 10.20.2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Depends on what honest opinion means. I'm tactful, mostly. Listening to a friend's stuff recently, I was genuinely impressed with the hi-hat sound, and the snare sounded great. Additional to that, I thought it was doing nothing but adding to the shitpile of shit that clouds all that is right and holy about music, but I didn't tell them that bit.

I try not to lie, and luckily most people are smart enough/ too stupid to realise that my talking about objective facts of recording are my way of saying I don't like things.

It's difficult though - obviously, I'm aware of the fact a lot of the time that whatever my opinion is doesn't make a band better or worse. I could hear the very best 4th-wave Grunge band years before anyone else, and I'd still think it was shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|