View Single Post
Old 10.18.2008, 09:21 AM   #53
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Like some others, when I first sat and listen to it I immediately thought the only great song was the self-titled track. I thought the rest of the album sucked. The more I listened to it the more it grew on me. I don't hold it as my favorite Sy geffen release or anything, its just a flashpoint for their career. In my mind it could be easily swapped for Rather Ripped. I mean the youth had their gear stolen and went into the studio trying to recapture those old sounds and create new ones, cool I'm there. But in many ways when I listen to RR I feel its the album that should have come out in NYCGF place, a totally straight-up stripped down record. NYCGF has a very avant-futuristic feel to it and I can't recall another main album that features horns on it.

So yeah, it doesn't suck.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|