View Single Post
Old 10.03.2008, 07:55 AM   #48
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
My memory goes like this:

mid-90's I vividly remember seeing the "Dirty Boots" vid on 120 Minutes one night and the video (at the time, maybe more than the actual music honestly) blew my mind. It really stuck with me, because I was like 15 or so at the time and it seemed like... "oh man, I wish I went to parties like THAT!"

THEN when I was about 18, by chance I saw a used copy of the DIRTY BOOTS EP at a random used record store I was passing thru and I picked it up. And y'know, maybe live tracks arent the best way to get into a band at first, but I thought it was cool and really liked the title track.

About a year later this girl I briefly dated had SCREAMING FIELDS on CD and I was like "Wow, let me borrow this." So I borrowed it and rocked it in my car for weeks, and I remember thinking "I dont GET this music... but something about it is awesome... I cant stop listening to it." At that time "Kotton Krown" had become my favorite track.

Eventually I had to give the CD back, so that same day I went to ANOTHER random record store and found a used copy of MADE IN USA. I had no idea what I was getting into my friends, but I was officially addicted from then on.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|