Thread: Al Gore movie
View Single Post
Old 06.02.2006, 11:39 PM   #14
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, fresh off of an Inconveniant Truth showing. Good movie. a solid B+. Al Gore is extremely knowledgable and has quite the passion for the subject; and that's an understatement. Tons of graphs and hard data culled from his speeches about global warming all over the world. He's delivered over a thousand. The evidence is overwhelming, but if one thinks along this great political divide,and doesn't have an interest in it ,and blows it off b/c it's Al Gore, they're basically saying global warming doesn't exist. That's why this movie was effective. it wasn't political, just informational. Ok, there r a few light jabs peppered in here and there, (heehee), but overall, very little. anyways, the visuals are fantastic. Huge ass glaciers falling into the sea, earth progressions displayed on land through its life cycle. the impact of global warming reported on so many levels. animals, ocean levels, tempature, natural disasters, power and electricity etc. quick, simple, effective fact i learned about global warming: in 650,000 years, the most we can go back to with regard to recording c02, the levels of Co2 have risen relative to temps. little cowinkydink. they match up and spike so well it's like a puzzle fitting together. I wanted to know some actual data and it's all here. good flick, i enjoyed it. perhaps a little slow, b/c u feel like you're in class at times. and by the time it's over you'll believe Al Gore is the chosen one to save the fucking earth! but it's all good.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|