View Single Post
Old 07.28.2008, 12:57 PM   #2659
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicalromance
Thanks for clearing that up. My original comment should have been more clearer. I love Lynch's camera work but I don't think he will be remembered int this area. That says more about his brilliant stories than his camera work.

I see evollove has fled the conversation.

Wouldn't life suck if we all agreed on everything? By the way, Lynch's cameraman on the film, Frederick Elmes, is generally considered one of the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicalromance
Who died and made you David Lynch? The fact is, you have no better idea than me about the meaning and substance/style of the movie.

The movie had depth to it's characters. It also had humour, intelligence and suspense. The movie did not rely on special effects or breath taking camera work.

Hm. Only David Lynch knows about the substance of the movie? Then how do you know it has any? You're saying: I don't know but I know. A is not A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
evollove - Blue Velvet is both style AND substance. Lynch is obviously in love with the 50's "White Picket" culture, but can "read" the wrongness behind that, in me opinion.

Yes. Behind every white picket fence is some gas-huffing psycho. Got it.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|