View Single Post
Old 07.19.2008, 08:29 PM   #122
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think the shock of a lot of youth music is that the older generation simply don't get it. And you, my dear, clearly don't get Soulja Boy. Not that I do myself. I'd be surprised if anyone over 18 did. And that's why a lot of kids love it. Because it really, really pisses people older than them off. Maybe the big change since the late 70s is that by now people are expecting young people's music to be different from theirs.

I'll tell you one thing that pisses me off. Kids no more than 17 going on about fucking Clapton. I'd prescribe them all masses of gurners and a visit to Helter Skelter. Your teen years are the time to listen to music that is deeply regrettable in years to come. It's a time to wear clothes that you'll never be able to pull off in maturity. Look at the nu-ravers. I would look... actually, I'm fucking amazing at clothes, so let's assume the 'I' is someone other than me... 'I' would look fucking awful dressed like a nu-raver, because I'm not a lithe and slightly spotty, bad-haircutted 17-year-old.

To summarise - if the music you're listening to doesn't piss off your parents, you're doing something wrong.
Soulja boy doesn't piss off parents as much as it just annoys them because it is genuinley awful shit, its not making parents angry because they don't understand it, its making them mad because its repetitive and fucking annoying.
Bad music is bad music, what age you are doesn't make it good...
Why should I listen to regrettable music?

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|