View Single Post
Old 06.29.2008, 06:18 PM   #43
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Saw them last night in Manchester and I have to admit, after reading some of the earlier reports it was a slight disappointment, but only as far as it wasn't THE single-best fucking thing I'd ever seen ever ever but merely really really fucking good instead.
The sound was a little muddy at times and they seemed to take a couple of songs to properly click into place, but once it did it was fantastic. To me, most of the Isn't Anything tracks stood out as being a massive step up from the studio versions (particularly Soft As Snow and Sueisfine), while the Loveless stuff was very slightly lacking.
The (27-minute) wind tunnel was something else altogether, mind - I've never felt so brutalised by sound before, and I've seen some noisy shit in the past. My clothes were shaking, hell, my face was shaking at one point. Thankfully the ringing in my ears is only minimal following a good night's sleep
Oh, and I couldn't help from buying one of those ridiculously priced 'Loveless' t-shirts either. The woman on the merchandise stall was quite apologetic about the price, but it is a really sweet t. Just a shame the whole thing'll probably go up in the flames the first time a hot rock hits it...
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|