View Single Post
Old 06.27.2008, 12:35 AM   #31
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Thanks for posting the review. You did a great job. There is some good information here and I do appreciate you sharing it......especially since there is next to know information with the cd itself. SO - how is it that the opportunity presented itself for you to do a review? Do you plan on doing any more reviews?
I was working with a small-distribution music paper thing for a short time (the editor graduated from my high school while I was going there, and I ran into him by chance), and he just wanted me to write a CD review for a new release. I scoured through release dates for the time of publication, and most of the new releases that came out at the time I either knew nothing about, were too "pop" for them, or were too obscure. They're high-art music snobs, you know, etc. So I told him it was either Sigur or the NIN remix, and he (thankfully) picked Sigur. So that was about it.

But that was the only review I did. I basically quit because I was going to leave the country for a few months right after that. Didn't end up doing it, but I lost contact and it would be kinda weird to call him up now. I wasn't getting paid, either, so...Not a huge loss. I would like to do reviews more, though. I don't necessarily subscribe to music critics, but it's a lot more fun being one.

On another note, I decided to get the new CD. I actually like it. Just the first two tracks are kinda eh. Ára Bátur made my day.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|