View Single Post
Old 06.26.2008, 11:18 PM   #18683
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
invest it in what? i don't trust the fucking stock market nor am i willing to take the risk.
nor will i ever, ever, ever work in the freakshow that is walmart. particularly not as a greeter, a position reserved for the mentally retarded and the senile.

you're young enough that you could invest at a very low risk (say, bonds) and still grow yourself a little fortune.

there is always risk-- if you were to stuff your money under the mattress, your money would lose its value to inflation.

the trick is to always save more than you spend so that your money grows exponentially. eventually, you can simply live off the cash flow the interest generates. but if you eat your principal, you'll end up like those fuckers who win the lottery only to find themselves back in the trailer park a year later, buried in a pile of "collectible nascar plates".

walmart is where the old farts who didn't save go retire.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|