View Single Post
Old 06.23.2008, 09:32 AM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I honestly think LIARS kinda suck ass. Drum's Not Dead is cool but having recently went back and listened to their entire recorded output... wow. Like I've always said, they're awful songwriters (and actually kinda shitty musicians), and the only really talented members left after the first album. They get a lot of credit for "changin their sound" every album -- but tons of bands do that and with a lot more interesting results than LIARS. Also, the singer for that band is just completely awful; he uses the same "chanting nonsense through a distortion pedal" effect on every song. I heard bands like HEALTH called "Liars-like" now. What the fuck does that even mean? LIARS do have some cool songs scattered throughout their catalogue, but their EP's especially are filled with shit. Yet somehow... SOMEHOW... I still have an urge to listen to them, hoping they'll do something amazing. Drum's Not Dead is pretty awesome beginning to end, but I love drums in general and I mainly like that album for the way the drums sound.

Okay, sorry to derail the thread, back on topic...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|