View Single Post
Old 06.17.2008, 08:32 PM   #54
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
The only horror movies that still freak me out are the ones I saw as a kid. These days nothing works. Just saw "The Orphanage" a couple of weeks ago and that was okay, but not scary. Real life - that's fucking scary..

So, my picks (and the bits that freaked me out)

The Omen: I saw this when I was about 7-8 and I still believed in God (and therefore Satan). The graveyard scene got to me, but not as much as the fucking soundtrack. Jerry Goldsmith's best work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGnTAGnxPE

The Exorcist: Saw this when I was about 10-11. Again, the satanic thing got to me - and that statue of Pazuzu that is superimposed when Regan (Linda Blair) is being exorcised:

Oh and this troubled me as well:

Poltergeist: Can't remember when I first saw this. More spooky than anything, but Zelda Rubenstein freaks me out.

Especially when she's explaining what 'Caryanne' is dealing with in the 'other side':

"To her, it is but another child. But to us, it is the Beast."

One of my cousins got me onto Horror films (she was about 3 years older than me) and she had a little brother who was about a year younger than me. You'll be amused to know that he needed therapy after being exposed to these films at such an early age.
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|