View Single Post
Old 06.11.2008, 04:33 PM   #1
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
just thought id share about some things that happened over the past day, then y'all can share weird music related stories.
last night i saw dino jr. it was a great show. i didnt like much their mid 90s and new stuff that they played but all the stuff from the 1st 4 albums was great. i brought with me 3 dellilah cds for the band. after the show they went to the backstage area, and i asked the doorman if i could possibly go in not to bother them, just to give them the cds. he asked, and eventually i got in. murph was walking around shirtless and lou and J were crashed on a couch. i handed j the cdssaid something like this is my band from j'lem great show thanks blah blah blah. he kinda stared at the cds put em next to him, lou smiled and i left.
i kind of wished that roberto instigator was there, it would have been awesome to rock to dino with him. i saw moshe though.

but here is a really crazy story. i have a new band, its just me and dellilah's other guitarist. we play sludge/drone/folk/morricone kinda stuff. two guitars, loops, clarinet, drums etc.
since its just us, we dont go to a rehearsal space, we just practice in the living room of my apt. we usually play till 11 so the neighbors dont call the cops, but tonight we played till midnight.
at like quarter to midnight we improvised a new song which was amazing, very sung tongzish. at midnight i hear a knock on my door and im sure that its the cops. i open it and theres this cute young woman there. she asked if we were the ones playing, i hesitated cause i was sure she wanted to yell at us for the racket. i said yes and that i was sorry about the noise. she said that it was fine and that she live in the building across from me and that everytime we rehjearse she hears us and loves it. she said a bunch of nice things, it was really cool. for someone to go out of their way to give us a simple compliment, its even cooler if someone had told us at a show.
we told her that we have our 1st show next week and i got her # to "tell her about upcoming shows"
anyhoo sorry for the rant. what cool music experiances have you all had?

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|