View Single Post
Old 06.07.2008, 10:01 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
As far as talking about bands with the most great moments of music, I'd say Sun City Girls or the Residents -- they have shit tons of releases and while not all are of top quality, they have so many releases that are filled with great songs that one could assemble all their best moments and easily have 25 full length cd's to listen to. This is cheating, but if you were to consider the Boredoms as a family (since each member has so many offshoot projects that are all incestuiously connected in different ways; see Shock City Shockers comp vol. 1 for examples of what I mean), they EASILY have the biggest volume of great music.... However, when talking about pure consistency, just straight-up having not a single bad spot in their catalogue, even after 13 or so albums/ep's (and a 3 disc limited rarities compilation), it seems pretty obvious to me: THINKING FELLERS UNION LOCAL # 282.

Things get a bit trickier when talking about people like Zorn or even Zappa (who I'm not 100% fond of, but it fits my example): they have so many releases just released under their own names that are great, but they're working with so many different musicians on each one that it could be considered different "bands" in a way. However, I guess when just talking about who has written the most amazing music, I could nominate Zorn.

I'd still say Thinking Fellers Union Local # 282 with a runner up being the Fall.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|