View Single Post
Old 05.12.2008, 06:23 PM   #48
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
was it democratically elected or stolen?! please, people. make up yr minds!

More democratically than Myanmar for sure. But that's not important; there will be a gazillion threads about that by the time November comes closer... sigh.

I just posted that as a concrete example to illustrate sarramkrop and jon boy's point that the actual victims of natural disasters aren't the same people who decide on refusing help. I'm sure the people of New Orleans would've appreciated that aid; there are still thousands of them without a roof three years later. But I also posted it to show that it's not just totalitarian governments that aren't in a hurry (for whatever reason) to accept help when disasters hit. It annoyed me when I read that about the unclaimed aid after Katrina, but I never thought "fuck 'em". I didn't think that now about Myanmar either. Maybe I'm just a wuss.

In other unfashionable news, some ten thousand yellow people died today somewhere in some other Asian country. Numbers are expected to rise.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7396400.stm
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|