View Single Post
Old 04.23.2008, 01:52 AM   #5
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
polvo too! the meat puppets should do 'up on the sun' instead, though. i'm assuming they'll add more acts? aren't sebadoh doing 'bubble & scrape'?

this 'covering an entire album' thing is getting a little out of hand, but i can't deny the awesome assurance of the presentation of the full work. 'daydream' was certainly supercool just to at least hear those songs. and, as mentioned in a recent thread, psychic hearts has a fair amount of nostalgic worship in my mind, though i do still appreciate the following as legitimately cool thurston songs: 'queenbee' 'cindy' 'cherry' 'pretty' 'elegy!' 'hangout' 'ono' 'titletrack!!' 'patti' 'blues' hmm almost said the whole record now, eh? i do think it stands up contrary to the common criticisms (simple riffs, 'sassy' [?] vocals singing in unison w/ simple riffs, etc) but .. i dunno? i like it? and would be cool to see it live. 'superchrist' and 'church/outcasts' too please!

but like, on the west coast.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|