View Single Post
Old 04.22.2008, 05:03 PM   #18
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Alright so here's my recollection of the night:

Firstly my friend and I got there kinda late about 8:20 (started at 8) and when we got in Thurston was already playing! I wasnt sure wether it was going to be a "trees" kind of show or more/less improv but quickly found out as i entered the theater and a sea of drone hit my ear.Thurston was sitting down playing the guitar and there were 2 other people. The drone itself was this blend of screeching guitar, sustained notes and slashing sounds.I only caught the last eight minutes of and thats what i recorded.Thurston only opened for like 30 minutes, I wish he was there longer ! Do you guys want to hear it?

Lou Reed put on a great show himself. He played some old velvet songs (Im Set Free, Im sticking with you, sweet jane,pale blue eyes). Too bad there was nothing off transformer or blue mask (my 2 favorite albums) He did play some interesting songs ive never heard before like ecstasy, halloween parade, power of the heart.The band itself was great, he had an old school stand up bass, a guy playing accordion (lovingly added into pale blue eyes and im set free) a guy that used samples of other instruments and 2 other guitarists besides himself.The craziest part was at the end where after he'd given his encore of pale blue eyes people stood cheering for like ten minutes demanding another encore, but he already's left.
Do you want me to upload the Lou Reed show too?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|