View Single Post
Old 03.26.2008, 06:47 PM   #100
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's a great record. This thread made me listen to it again tonight after not having listened to it in a long time, and I still enjoy it a lot.

I actually remember not being impressed by it the first time I heard it, but I assume it is simply because I had this preconceived idea of what that "seminal NYC punk album" should sound like (probably based on the other music also labelled as "punk" that I was already listening to) and was disappointed not to get what I was expecting… But then later on, I slowly got into it.

Out of curiosity, what are the 2 or 3 songs that you like? From what you wrote in this thread, I suspect that it is songs such as "Blank generation", "Love comes in spurts" or "Liars beware"… not the slower/softer ones such as "Betrayal takes two", "New pleasure", "The Plan", "Walking on the water", "I'm your man", etc. Me, I like all those songs, I must say.

In any case, I am not sure it is a good idea to force yourself to listen to it every day if your first reaction is not favorable, the feeling of rejection can only increase… Maybe it's better to let it sleep a bit and give it a chance later on. But what do I know?
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|