View Single Post
Old 03.19.2008, 12:00 AM   #5
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
i got my 65 jazzmaster on ebay from a guy in houston, when i was living in san diego. his uncle had died and he was selling his stuff and had no idea what he had. i got it for $600 (not including S&H), and the neat thing about it was that it had never been painted. just a clear coat, no paint. so it was wood colored. apparently, his uncle worked for fender earlier in his life. i kept it like that for a while, but i've always wanted a green jazzmaster (green being my fav color, and jazzmaster being my favorite guitar). so i took it to a local shop. i put $400 more into it, getting it painted, the pickups rewound, neck sanded and finished that kinda stuff. i gotta say it's everything i thought it was gonna be and i love it. only thing bad i have to say is that the "hum/buzz" is kind of annoying, but other than that, it's tits. so i say... BUY AWAY GOOD SIR! but get it painted...... i cna't stand that sun burst color, w/ the red pickguard.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|