Thread: Gig reviewers
View Single Post
Old 02.28.2008, 06:27 AM   #7
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
lazyboy journos are everywhere and write for shite papers. im sure, im only guessing but did that jouno you speak of dave write for a dublin mag like in dublin or the event guide or even hot press? they are notorious for that lame half ass writing. the trick is to avoid such reviews and read decent mags!

i read a review of a gig in dublin once where a mates band was supposed to have blown everyone away................... that band wernt even approached to play the gig!

I wouldn't be so surprised if it was for In Dublin or something like that; but it was the Irish Independent!

Not that I read that paper, or pay any attention to the reviews - but with its circulation a lot of people must.

The guy in question is actually a nice bloke, but it's complete bullshit for any journo to feel they have the right to review a bands performance when they don't bother staying for it all.

I mean, do reviewers for art exhibitions walk out after looking through a few pictures, or does a book reviewer write his piece after reading a few pages?

Blargh