View Single Post
Old 05.21.2006, 03:10 PM   #18
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
The 3 albums have their strengths. They're no Daydream Nation or EVOl or Sister, of course; but they have a certain charm that grooves into your head if you can bend them around your mind. Thurston asked fans to imagine Fleetwood Mac jamming with Black Flag, when they listen to Sonic Nurse; and that's what I do, actually. IMHO, Murray Street is the mellowest of these 3, and it progressively gets rockier, culminating in Reena and Incinerate, which are barely recognizable as 'conventional' (I know) Sonic Youth; they sound more like Television, actually. Not that that's a bad thing, of course...But it's different from 'normal' (I know) Sonic Youth, so you have the preconceptions to get rid of, i think, to actually appreciate what the youf have done for these 3 albums. Just my two cents worth. Thanks for reading.