View Single Post
Old 01.18.2008, 02:08 PM   #131
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
atari, I will admit being skeptic and a cynic at heart, but I do understand that shamanism/ritual/religion can be a path to enlightenment, and a path to metaphysical knowledge. I am down with that.
However, I see metaphysical knowledge as purely personal, which I think you have stated before, and therefore not valid to apply to the general state of humanity or the universe.

I personally do not agree with your take on the "unconscious" but I personally feel that WILL is an energy a force, and that human WILL by virtue of our huge and complex brains, probably can and does exert influence on the world around us.

The mind is holographic. the brain is set up holographically, in some sense. there have been studies done on lizard, where they take out their brains, and then put half of the brain back in, and the lizard can function at 90-98% capacity, even though it is missing half of it's physical brain. they ahve also emptied out lizard's skulls, BLENDED their brains in a blender, and poured the blended brain matter back into the lizards, and the lizards FUNCTIONED at around 35-40% capacity. Incredible!

if our brains/minds actually do function as holographic information storage systems then this would help explain the pervading sense that humans (and as far as we know, ONLY humans) feel of something greater than ourselves existing outside of and inside of ourselves.

it is all quite odd.