View Single Post
Old 01.08.2008, 02:32 AM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I know you didn't ask me for my opinion, so I didn't bother giving it. I simply stated a fact of life: In rainblows. If you enjoy the album, though, more power to you. Nothing wrong with gettin it for free.

Regarding Radiohead "slaving over their music and giving people the option to take it for free" 3 things: 1) The whole album is rushed and shitty, so they might feel like charging a flat price for it would've alienated people, 2) On a major label, they'd only make like $1 per CD sold, so the fact that they sold it themselves means that if someone pays $20 for it, that'll completely make up for the 10 people who didn't pay for it at all, and 3) Radiohead don't need the money anyway. Some people will say, "Oh, this just proves Radiohead isn't greedy!" Greed isn't the point; they're all multi-millionaires, and they're collectively not going to make much money off this record to make a difference either way -- touring and t-shirts will be where they get the big cheese. Music isn't "work", it should be fun, it shouldn't be something to fulfill a contract... I have fun making music, it'd be cool if people wanted to give me money for it since I spend so much time refining it, but the greatest joy to me is just that people hear it period. Despite Radiohead being a band that isn't very good, at least they did the right thing in this case. I sure as hell would be pissed if I had paid $10-15 for this album.

Anyway, instead of listening to this, you should all go watch Rampo Noir. What a great movie!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|