View Single Post
Old 01.01.2008, 01:20 PM   #49
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
well...it wasnt "just" the pistols....obviously...if there were no voidoids/NY Dolls/ and esp the stooges, thered damned sure be no pistols.

but shit, if there were no beach boys thered be no ramones would be no screachin weasel would be no green day...it goes on forever man. i just find history interesting.

i dont see many kids dressing up like the pistols these days. its rare man. least around here.

Well, yeah somewhat, but specifically, if I had to name just one band, there would probably have been no Sex Pistols without (believe it or not) Roxy Music. And of course, there probably wouldn't have been a Roxy Music without The New York Dolls.
So, germane to your statement of analysis, I'd underscore The New York Dolls before I did The Stooges (even though they also figure in as well).

Like you wrote, "it goes on forever..."

For instance, even though Syd Barrett and (The) Pink Floyd were hated by many of the early punks, the fact remains that they were the ones to first (along with late-period The Beatles, mid-The Kinks, and then early David Bowie and T-Rex, of course) to make freaky, non-mainstream-sounding music popular enough to attract a sizeable audience and fanbase.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|