Thread: paranoia agent!
View Single Post
Old 11.07.2007, 10:46 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit. I got the Paranoia Agent dvd set about a month ago; I remembered seeing an episode on Adult Swim a few years ago and not really knowing what was going on but being very intrigued. Anyway, I finally got around to watching it (it's only 13 episodes) -- holy SHIT, that was an amazing anime! Psychologically complex, dark, and intensely story-driven (nearly every episode only focuses on one or two characters and it's always a different character, and almost all the episodes are of a completely different nature; some are light and comedic, one is completely in a character's head, etc.). Has anyone seen this? Excellent. I'm pretty familiar with all the popular anime (Dead Leaves, Evangelion, FLCL, etc..) and a little bit of the more obscure stuff (Cromartie High School, Blood, Techno Police, etc..).. but this ranks amongst the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_Agent

If anyone wants to reccomend anything else, lemme know. I've seen one of Satoshi Kon's films (Pefect Blue) and highly enjoyed it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|