Thread: I hate life.
View Single Post
Old 10.31.2007, 11:22 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i agree wholeheartedly but she's in high school, those are things she'll pick up but first she has to be true to herself so she can differentiate between people like this and people that are genuinely cool people.

it's one thing to be in a work situation and another to be with the cliques and the popular dipshits etc. etc.

i usually agree with your advices, and this one is good in a more mature situation, but not in her case.

besides, i think she does handle herself well in situations like that, or so it seems.

hm.... yeah, i hear what you're saying. but some of her complaints are of a social nature, and she said somewhere that she "says nothing" when she's with people.

im not trying to say "learn to hang out with the popular dipshits", and if that's what i conveyed, i apologize. what i meant to say (if i didn't say it correctly) is learn to navigate the popular dipshits, and whatever life throws at you. she's already extremely shy, and she won't learn anything by further contracting (sorry angella, i dont mean to put you in the spot, and i do think you're really cool).

goethe said something about talent being best formed in solitude but character best formed in society-- or something like that. the talents and the solitude she's got in spades, but she needs to come out of her shell for her talents to shine outwards. that's always a tough move.

i remember when i was 14 i was super shy and i knew something was wrong ,cos i was unable to do a lot of things other kids did. so i asked my mom to take me to a shrink, because i was having problems functioning socially. long story short, the guy gave me a placebo that filled me with the idea that i had self-confidence, which gave me the courage to face my fears (sort of like dumbo's magic feather?). soon enough i was a completely different person in my outward behavior, and that opened a lot of doors, etc. but anyway, i'm not trying to write an autobiography, just to explain what i mean here about people needing to come out of their shells.

so, hm. yeah. i just ate some flounder and it was GOOD.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|