View Single Post
Old 10.15.2007, 03:32 AM   #47
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Sure, but this was probably from a mainstream music mag so what so you expect. I think On the Corner is probably Miles' most out there record. Sun Ra has done plenty more out records than Space is the Place. Solar Myth Approach vols 1 and 2 are much more out there. Hampton Grease Bands Music To Eat is a fairly notorious oddball record that should probably be on there.

I don't know if I would put a lot of the impulse! stuff on there. Not ahead of a lot of stuff on BYG or ESP disk. Sonny Sharrocks' Monkey Pockie Boo is pretty wild. Plenty of stuff on ESP disk, not least the Cromagnon record which is definitely one of the most out there things recorded.

You could argue with this list all day and all night, and it will be enjoyable to do so, but it's actually a pretty decent list all in all. Whether they are all really 'out there' or not, there is a lot of ace records on that list. Where did this list come from by the way? I've a feeling I've seen it before in a music mag...maybe Uncut or a similar publication.

Yes I did. And I was about to mention that Sharrock record again as well. I'll let you know when I actually come up with something new.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|