View Single Post
Old 10.12.2007, 10:01 PM   #69
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I paid $0 for the mp3s because I'm will be paying for the CD release when that comes out. These files are just promo to me.

Agreed.

When the discbox version comes out, it will be Radiohead's 1st double album.

My local paper gave the album 3 and a half out of 4 stars, and AllMusic.com gave it 4 and a half out of 5 stars, so I decided to take the plunge and download the MP3s.

I have just finished listening to them, and at times I thought it was the best thing the band's done since Kid A, but now that I'd heard everything, I'm a little disappointed...not disappointed as in I didn't/don't like it, just in that it might be just a bit over-hyped. Then again, everyone says this album is better with good bass, so listening though $10 subsonically challenged computer speakers probably isn't the best way to hear this music. Not only that, but Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief had to grow on me before I really liked them, so maybe that's the way it'll be with this one too. Though I do agree with whomever said the more rockin' tracks seem a bit subdued (with the exception of "Bodysnatchers", which sounds like garage punk when compared with nearly everything the band's done this decade)...

I'm preordering the discbox with my next paycheck, so it doesn't really matter.

Somewhat off the subject: Why aren't Radiohead on a label now anyway? Did they leave or did the label drop them?