Thread: Mazzy Star
View Single Post
Old 09.18.2007, 01:36 AM   #7
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
Probably my favorite female vocalist [or vocalist, period]. "Fade into You" will never sound like it did back then. Back then I wasn't buying records so I'd have to cross my fingers hoping that I'd be luck enough to catch the video for Fade into You on MTV. I guess I kind of miss the days when I didn't have immediate access to my favorite songs and artists. All I had was my inferior memory of a song and a great desire to hear it again. I should start listening to my favorite music less, like, once a month.

A woman so petite with a voice of such reach. The use of echo is significant. Whenever I hear her voice I imagine her in a place without tall buildings and with plenty of fields and wide open spaces, as she attempts to communicate with someone far away with just her voice.

My favorite album being Loveless, I can really appreciate their music because it's very atmospheric, mellow, flowing, and [most important] emotional without being dramatic about it.
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|