View Single Post
Old 05.12.2006, 01:32 AM   #19
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
I'm still kind of surprised that no one clapped.

Well, I think that was because it was so intimate... I mean I doubt there were more than 50 seats there, maybe less, and they were all filled. Thurston came out and grabbed his guitar and started playing pretty quickly. When he first came out, I made a single clap, expecting people to join in but no one did and I felt weird. I think it was the intimate and kind of informal nature of the show that made people not clap when he first came out. I mean there wasn't a stage or anything, Thurston was on ground level about 5 feet away from me, like 2 feet away from the people in the front row of chairs. People clapped when they finished each song and at the end of the set. Thurston thanked the crowd and introduced Jim O'rourke and people clapped for him, but when they first came out it didn't have that super-show like atmosphere when like the artist finally takes the stage and you greet them... Thurston just walked out put on his guitar and played a couple harmonics kinda like he was chilling in your living room and then went off from there. What really weirded me out was that a couple people in the audience were giggling at the beginning like something was funny. Maybe they thought he was gonna play sonic youth songs or something.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|