View Single Post
Old 09.07.2007, 06:49 AM   #42
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I "hear" the debate between the two groups a little differently. Of course, what I'm about to say will probably just prove the point for many of the previous post in this thread.

If you spent much time in dance clubs in the mid to late 80's, there is no doubt you were inundated with New Order's, "Blue Monday" and "Bizarre Love Triangle." If you made any effort to get past those two tracks, one found that New Order had much to offer.

The first New Order track I discovered was, "Touched By The Hand Of God." It was on Razormaid's (dj remix service) 'Anniversary 5' release and it was on beautiful gold vinyl. "5 8 6," "Fine Time," "Sub Culture" and "True Faith" were some of the other tracks Razormaid remixed by New Order.

Back in the day, I spent way too much money purchasing Dj remix packages. Art Of Mix, Hot Tracks, Metropolis and Twitch were just a few to choose from. It seems like everyone had remixes by: New Order, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Sharpe & Numan and on and on. Unfortunately, New Order was my introduction to Joy Division. No one was remixing any of their stuff. Well, I do believe I remember an Ultra Hot remix of "Love Will Tear Us Apart."

Anyway, I've been mostly listening to old 80's club music the past ten days or so. I've been dusting off many a 12" and Dj remix service stuff and my contribution to Mix Tape 11 will be full of this type of music.

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|