View Single Post
Old 05.11.2006, 05:16 PM   #15
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall91
i went to the early show. got there about an hour early so was like fourth in line. ended up with a great seat about two feet in front of jim. for a guy who's like three feet tall, he has the most beautiful eyes. loved the intimacy of the whole thing. i'm not a huge noise fan and would never buy a recording of the show to listen to, but i really enjoyed the performance art aspect of it. i don't think it would have been the same had i been really far away looking at it on a stage.

thurston came out and didn't say a word. nobody clapped when he came out. it was complete silence. then at the end all he did was introduce jim and then walked out. kind of strange since he's usually so charismatic, but interesting nonetheless. nice experience for $10.

i've noticed at solo/noise shows thurston has a complete different personality to his SY persona... it's like he's trying to be more avant-garde and mature maybe... like his noise shows are more serious and /. or spiritual... like personal rituals... whereas sonic Youth is high school goof (off)
and noise fans try to act all aloof hence the lack of appluase maybe...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|