View Single Post
Old 09.01.2007, 08:30 PM   #7
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Chris, my copy is definitely not the version pictured on your site; that one, like every other one I've seen pictured on other discographies, ebay, fansites, etc. is a shade of semi-transparent blue, very similar to that of Experimental Jet Set, if not exactly the same. The green label stands out distinctly against these blue copies; with mine, it might be difficult for some to discern the label from the vinyl at first glance, if the label didn't have the titles, etc.

I bought this copy from an American fella on ebay, about a year ago, I guess. I can't see or hear anything about it that says "bootleg"; it's very nice, actually.

One other thing that's starting to rub at the back of my neck and make me wonder: I have an old SLR flyer from about 1999, and on it, SYR2 is credited with being pressed on 'teal' vinyl (I misspelled it 'tiel' in my initial post above). 'Teal' refers to the teal duck--a small freshwater species. (My father's a life-long duck hunter, so I grew up knowing this stuff since almost infancy.) In terms of colour, I've always heard such ducks being referred to as 'teal-blue' or (more commonly) 'teal-green'. I looked up 'teal' in Webster's dictionary; it was not listed as a colour, but as a duck, it was said to be a "genus of small freshwater ducks of Europe and North America, esp. the green-winged...." Hmmm...So now I'm thinking, Did they press it on both varieties of teal...?

Oh--by the way, I'm from Canada, not Wales. A fair bit of Welsh blood, but Canadian. Canadians spell 'colour' with the u, as well.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|