View Single Post
Old 09.01.2007, 01:30 PM   #139
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I'm keen to know what your favourite tracks are.

the genius of the tape is that all the tracks feel like they belong with the others.

back when I could actually make tapes (pause button for the win), this is what mattered most.

taking a large variety of songs from different genres and cooking them up into something tasty is really what it was all about and this is where you win.

I love the Polygon Window track, and I have Surfing on Sine Waves somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it. I need to dig out all that old Aphex Twin stuff, because it's been a very long time since I gave it a listen.

"Earth" is where I really started to feel my mind being blown though. I must have more Third Ear Band. if I was forced to choose, this would be my favorite track on the tape.

"Boil in UV" might make it as my second favorite. I turned it up really loud and annoyed the wife. when the wife gets annoyed at loud music, I take it as a good sign.

despite the fact that my two favorite tracks are on side 1, I think that side 2 might be my favorite overall.

of note: I have no live Godspeed, but I have just about everything else. along with A Silver Mt. Zion, Godspeed shares a collective spot among my top-10 favorite bands. "Albanian" made me want to cry. I was forced to actually wiki it because I had never heard it before***. I need live Godspeed like I need Third Ear Band right now (actually wanting something these days is exciting).

there really is no lull in yr tape.

*** wiki also made me want this:

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|