View Single Post
Old 08.30.2007, 02:29 PM   #135
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
spasiba.

Dear Mr. Priest:

Being 500 years old allows one to participate in many tape exchanges. On most occasions, I am able to come away from the trade with a sense of self-worth and satisfaction.

If I was not slightly masochistic in nature, I might be honestly distressed right now. In one fell swoop you have proved my pride to be ignorance.

Your work of audio and artisitic engineering is without a doubt the highest quality compilation that I've ever received and I most humbly thank you.

Stunned in the States,

Floatingslowerthantherest

I'm glad you like it so much. I'm especially pleased because I liked it a lot, and listened to it a few times before I posted it off, so I was hoping the recipient would enjoy it.

The idea was to do a kind of personal, spiritual tape, which might make sense but might not. I thought a simple, but pretty, cover would be best, and I've always liked the look of white and green together.

I think I gave you the track times on the sleeve, but not the artists or titles. The full tracklist is as follows:

A1 'Allegretto' from 'Sinfonietta' by Leos Janacek (02m25s)
A2 'Portreuth Harbour' by Polygon Window (04m44s)
A3 'Peace' by Horace Silver (06m02s)
A4 'Earth' by Third Ear Band (09m50s)
A5 'Ntyilo Ntyilo' by Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya (04m40s)
A6 'Boil Into U.V.' by Piratio (10m30s)
A7 'Me Plus One' (instrumental) by Kasabian (02m30s)
A8 'Mother and Child' by David Sylvian (04m14s)

B1 'Banks of the Dee' by Cry Havoc (03m28s)
B2 'Fiend With a Violin' by The Fall (03m05s)
B3 'Albanian' (live 2003) by Godspeed You Black Emporer (15m55s)
B4 'Bones' by Shinra (06m18s)
B5 'Sun King' by Chris Potter (07m00s)
B6 'The Private Psychedelic Reel' by The Chemical Brothers (09m20s)

I love all of the tracks, but I really believe that 'Earth' by Third Ear Band is a musical masterpiece.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|