View Single Post
Old 08.13.2007, 04:00 PM   #93
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
youve mentioned sonic youth....sonic youth encourages it...literally. they also (well, lee and steve) were on tech tv a couple years back also saying that they support illegal downloading.

Sonic Youth are one of those bands that, musical achievements aside, have also managed to indirectly educate most of their audience to responsably obtain their music the sensible way. I might be wrong, but the average Sonic Youth fan strikes me as an avid record buyer, or certainly not one that is just happy to have a stack of mp3s on their hard drive, and that's that. From what I gather from ThePits' point of view, he deals with another kettle of fish altogether. The existence of many of the bands that he seems to deal with is much more volatile and certainly stamped with the inevitable 'Best Before' seal that comes with their own artistic shortcomings. In that context, it's useless arguing about the artistic or moral attitudes of those bands, but if one has to deal with them on a professional level, they have to accept their existence and the infrastrucure that allows them to make money the way they do.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|