View Single Post
Old 08.13.2007, 03:58 PM   #92
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
well, to prove your earlier statement about sonic youth having an isue with bootlegging and it being "common knowledge", heres a little something to prove you wrong...

and interview with thurston...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4701169

theres plenty more like it if youd like to read em just let me know.

i really like the part when he talks about the scare the industry had when recordable tapes came around....that certainly shut the music business down didnt it....and people were copying albums just as much then.

also like how he says he had a friend that would copy his punk rock albums to tape for him, because he couldnt afford them. and those were "officail albums" being copied, not a bootlegged live show.

The major decline due to piracy has been in the last ten years give or take a year due to changes in technology

Not in the days of tape recorders and Sinclair Spectrums

As I said check out the BPI and their take on things if you dont like what you hear from other sources
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|