View Single Post
Old 08.13.2007, 07:42 AM   #16
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
That doesn't make sense at all. And there are myriad examples of bands that have been bootleged live but still sold millions of records. If you also do some more thorough research, you'll find the the great majority of artists have qualms about the downloading of official material, rather than their live output, which in any case they wouldn't dream of regularly release themselves. For the record, I don't think that I need to own the audio of every single gig a band I like has played.

Some bands, particularly when starting out, have encouraged bootlegging of gigs in order to increase exposure

Some bands even put out free downloads to achieve the same ends

Some bands also sell mllions of albums despite bootlegging and piracy as you state, but are they the exception or the rule?

It doesnt alter the fact that bootlegging is theft and illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i dont care if the album sales get affected.

Spoken like a true fan........
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|