View Single Post
Old 05.10.2006, 09:27 AM   #15
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
Hey, jullian how is the frequency analyzer? Im thinking about picking this up.

I like it a lot. If it broke, I'd probably think about picking up a moogerfooger, but I really love the built in filter the frequency analyzer has. It is a small feature that most people forget about.

On certain settings, you can create quirkly little moving little harmonies (I think if you tune it to C and play C major 5ths it works best)

You can get DEVO and spacey sounds out of it.

You can get creepy "trash compacter" sounds out of it (those are my settings that I use)

You can also use it low in the mix and use it just to add a metallic overtone or bassey undertones to your playing.

I think the main differences between the frequency analyzer and the moogerfooger:
moogerfooger allows you to use expression pedals or other control voltage stuff on it right out of the box
the moogerfooger has a square/sine LFO (allowing you to add vibrato to the internal tone generator)
The moogerfooger can generate lower internal tones that get your wierd vibratro sounds. Personally, the frequency analyzer goes low enough for me. I rarely use it on the lowest setting.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|