View Single Post
Old 07.29.2007, 10:10 AM   #7
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Coming from you GMKU, that doesn't surprise me at all. What with the Stones connection and all.

Grievous Angel is my favourite. $1000 Wedding. Say no more.

I love his stuff with Emmylou Harris more than with the FBB, although Gilded Palace of Sin has some incredible stuff on it.

Went through a major Gram thing about 15 years ago - largely out of a similar obsession with the Stones at the time. He's got one of those voices that you can easily become obsessed with.

Did he ever actually record anything with keef?

I don't think they recorded together, which is a shame. Could have been great.

I read the things too where Keith readily admits to cribbing things from Parsons and Cooder. I don't know how much of it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me. Keith is notoriously lazy, and Keith and Mick are notorious about not giving others their due credit (see Mick Taylor!).

You definitely hear the Parsons influence in Stones country rock songs from that period though.

The "Safe at Home" album by Parsons' band, the International Submarine Band, is probably my favorite of all his stuff.