Thread: French Tickler
View Single Post
Old 07.27.2007, 04:53 PM   #10
Ono Soul
little trouble girl

Ono Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's asses
"A Thousand Leaves" is without a doubt my all time fav SY album. I'll never forget how exciting it was when that album came out. It just somehow seemed like a culmination of everything they had done before then, but at the same time they were definitely breaking new ground as well, as they continued to refine their unique brand of "pop" and "avant garde", hitting upon a near perfect synthesis on this one. I thought "Sunday", "Wildflower Soul", "Hits Of Sunshine" and "Snare, Girl" were some of the finest songs Thurston had ever wrote at that point, and I still do. I also think it features some of Kim and Lee's best songs (yes, "French Tickler" is killer!). And of course, Steve is the glue holding it all together, as per usual. Seems everyone was at the top of their game. And what a great SOUNDING album, my god. Incredibly dense and clear, all at the same time. It's just perfect.....
Ono Soul is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|