View Single Post
Old 07.24.2007, 03:13 PM   #19
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I can't stand Kathy Griffin either, and Andy Dick is almost as bad.

I knew a schoizophrenic whose favorite comedian was Tom Green.
He didn't even know his name, but whenever Tom was on TV he would stop flipping channels and exclaim, "There's the funny guy." He always called him "funny guy." Me, I don't give two shits about Tom Green.

As for Lovitz, he had a somewhat forgettable run on SNL (the liar guy, the devil, etc.) and an equally forgettable stint in the movies as a co-star (the City Slickers movies) or bit player. I liked the Jay Sherman movie critic character on The Simpsons, and The Critic series was okay for the most part. Due to perpetual syndication, Lovitz might, in later years, become best-known for his hilarious role of a despicable guy who pretends to have cancer for the perks on an episode of Seinfeld ("The Scoff Law").

I don't doubt that Lovitz has a valid point about Dick giving Brynn Hartman coke, but I also don't doubt that Lovitz is/was a regular partier himself, so he's being a bit of a hypocrite. I imagine he was fucked-up on something at The Laugh Factory to be getting in Andy Dick's face, although, then again, I'm relatively certain that Andy Dick is nerve-wracking to be around.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|