View Single Post
Old 07.15.2007, 01:10 PM   #68
matthew@cjam.ca
empty page

matthew@cjam.ca has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Max!!!

This is Matt. How's it going? It was good to meet you at the festival. Sorry things got so...crazy. I hope you had a blast and I'm so jealous that you got to meet Thurston. Did you give him your tape?

Remember right before SY started and you asked us 'Will they be moshing? I hope not'? Remember that I said I didn't think they would, since it is a Sonic Youth show. Well, I was wrong, really really wrong, unfortunately.

Anyway, I was the one who punched the guy in the face. He kept messing with my girlfriend and pushed the line. And then he kept pushing the line. After we asked him to stop like 10 times and he didn't, and asked security to remove him specifically several times, I took action into my own hands.

Anyway, I guess I broke his nose? I'd be lying if I said that it didn't feel great. Because well, really, it did. I got to break some obnoxious, drunken indie rocker's nose during "Eric's Trip".

Any guy who was in my position would have done the same. Max, you can testify to that. I'm calling S3 and I am filing many complaints with them, I want compensation, they did a HORRIBLE job. Can you be a witness for me?

I won't go any further into details in public about this, send me a PM, Max.

Even though this was undoubtedly the wost concert experience of my life, SY (atleast what I saw of them) were brilliant.

Oh, and to anyway to I may have tried to push off behind me...I know a lot of you guys were in the tidal wave too and it was no more your fault than mine. For those of you that I tried to get off of me, I apologize. But, you have to understand that rather than getting pushed into more soft flesh, I was being pushed into a steel guard rail, very hard and at points couldn't breathe. I am fairly sure I cracked a rib or two, my chest is still swollen very badly and I am making a doctor's appointment on Monday.

Anyway, I'm looking at the pictures Max posted of the crowd. The guy I hit wasn't even in the photo. The obnoxious son of a bitch pushed his way up front. I thought that was against the rules? We'd been waiting in line for like 10 hours to get front and center.

Also - whoever the morons that tried to push the camera man off of the railing are complete idiots. They were a couple of mo-hawked and pierced kids (how punk rock, spending an hour every morning making triangles in your dyed bright red mohawk) That guy was just doing his job and if any of the assholes that pushed their way up front had actually been up front at the beginning, they would have met him when he came up to us, introduced himself and apologized for having to be in our way. He was a nice guy who was just doing his job and those morons who tried to push him off should be lobotimized. Save it for your Rancid shows, moronic posers.

That's enough of my rant. PM me, Max.
matthew@cjam.ca is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|