View Single Post
Old 07.13.2007, 06:16 PM   #7
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
The UN weapons inspectors constantly complained they were not given enough time and were making progress over inspections

That may have been true by the time they were finally allowed in, but how many years did it take to get to that point? 8? 10?

I fault George Bush for the way he got us into the war. He should not have based it on evidence of WMD's. By the time we invaded Iraq, Saddam Hussein had been on "parole" for previous crimes and the burden was on him to report to his "parole officers," the UN inspectors. He hadn't reported to them for years, so proof of WMD's (real or fabricated) was irrelevant.

I guess Bush felt the need to play politics and cite WMD evidence to gain support for the war. I think he's a terrible leader, but that has little to do with whether this war will ultimately result in more good or bad.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|