Thread: grindcore
View Single Post
Old 05.09.2006, 12:11 AM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
slap me in the forehead, i forgot early carcass (thanks for the reminder Glice). i stress "early" since that's when they were grind, actually they are the only death/grind band i like. reek of putrefaction and symphonies of sickness are their cruder albums, their two subsequent albums, necrotism and heartworks, are also excellent but they are completely different, it's blast beat, tempo changing technical death metal with lots of guitar melodies yet still very aggressive.

repulsion were from michigan, they are the so called godfathers of grindcore. other bands that were seminal or integral to the grind sound were d.r.i., deep wound, seige, doom, ssd and dys, to name but a few punk/hardcore bands that pushed the speed and heaviness.

i also forgot agoraphobic nosebleed, they do a fantastic voivod cover, they are pretty standard grind band, but pretty good. i like pig destroyer a bit better.

early locust is certainly very grindcore-ish and they retained some of that desperate elemtn in their music; by that token, also check out soilent green who are like mr bungle meets dillinger escape plan playing grindcore.

melt-banana approaches grindcore blastbeats and they have recorded and/or toured with grind bands. they are pretty unique though

i have a noise/grindcore project going called monosodic, i've done just one song so far, i can upload it if there's interest.

and, if we are calling bands belonging to which genres and subgenres, then call dimmu borgir and cradle of filth what they really are: AUDIO DIARRHIA
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|