Thread: Plone
View Single Post
Old 06.25.2007, 09:02 AM   #2
Smokers Gifts
little trouble girl

Smokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's assesSmokers Gifts kicks all y'all's asses
I never got into Plone but I was a big fan of Mike in Mono's solo stuff. Seen him live a few times and around at Supersonic, and he is a spiffin nice guy. I loved the final Mike in Mono gig at Supersonic 2003. A load of cybergoths got well into the set and were 'having it' by the stage. Mike had his head bent over his equipment, then looked up and seemed bewildered at the sight of purple dreadlocks and black pvc clad ravers!
He also played a video of 'Learn Yamaha Organ' from the 80s presented by Patt Sharpe!
If you can get hold of them, I would recommend the Mike in Mono 'Stars & Stripes ep' which his brother plays guitar on. Also the 'All MAshed Up' 7" on Half Eaten Records (HER might still be going , not sure)
Spectrum Orchestra was also good, and Modified Toy Orchestra.
Another unsung hero of Brum at this time was Floach, aka Shanny. He used to collaborate with the Plone guys quite a lot, but I heard he moved to Poland. I think he might be a genius, but a really drunken absurd genius. His stage shows were the best. Try and get 'Flatty GUmmy' ep if you can.
Smokers Gifts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|